PowerSafe Model 749 is a larger, more fully-featured version of the 739. Designed to better accommodate larger, heavier attachments, such as the 32” Brush Mower and 35” Flail Mower, the 749 includes an individual brake for each wheel, making it easier to turn and maneuver. To power larger attachments, the engine size is increased to Honda’s GX390 (13HP) engine. And, with a longer transmission, the standard tire size for the 749 is increased to 22” in diameter; a huge advantage when navigating uneven terrain and straddling raised beds.
Like the 739, Model 749 features the patented “PowerSafe” hydro-mechanical clutch which is particularly well-suited for long hours of use with high torque implements like the Flail Mower and Chipper/Shredder. The durability of the PowerSafe clutch is also reflected in its 5-year warranty (for both commercial and non-commercial use) and ability to withstand the frequent abuse by multiple operators. Finally, the hydraulic clutch is more user-friendly. Since the clutch lever is operating a hydraulic valve rather than compressing a spring, shifting gears with the hydraulic clutch requires less hand pressure to depress the lever.
Like the 739 and all Professional Series models, the 749 features the ease and convenience of differential drive. When traction to the wheels is needed, a flip of the lever locks out the differential feature and provides positive pulling/pushing power to both wheels.
Add to these features — three working speeds in both directions, a shuttle-style forward/reverse, BCS’s advanced handlebar system with instant access to seven vertical and three horizontal positions, and optional electric start – and it’s easy to see why the Model 749 is so popular among institutional users, professional market farmers, and rural property owners.
- Differential Drive with On-demand Differential Lockout
- Patented Hydro-mechanical “wet” Clutch w/ 5 year warranty
- Individual wheel brakes, plus parking brake
- 22” diameter tires
- All Gear Drive
- – Heat-treated steel gears and shafts
- – Supported by embedded ball bearings
- Best Warranty in the Industry
- – Limited lifetime transmission warranty
- – 3-year engine warranty
- Convenient Shuttle-style Forward/Reverse Control
- Easily Adjusted, Anti-vibration Handles w/ 180º Rotation
- – 7 vertical settings, front and rear
- – 3 horizontal settings, front and rear (right, left & center)
- Three Working Speeds in Each Direction
- – 0.9 mph
- – 2.0 mph
- – 3.0 mph
- Electric Start Optional
- Engine: Honda GX390
- Electric Start Option: Yes
- Weight: 342 pounds (with 30” tiller)
- Working Speeds: 3 forward, 3 reverse
- Working Wheel Speeds: 0.9, 2.0 and 3.0 MPH
- Transport Wheel Speed: N/A
- Standard Wheel Size: 5”x12”x22″
- Transmission: All Gear Drive
- Axle Configuration: Differential Drive with On-demand Differential Lockout
- Clutch Type: Patented Hydro-mechanical “wet” Clutch w/ 5 year warranty