Like the 710, Model 718 is lightweight, compact in size, and loaded with BCS quality. It features the same all-gear driven transmission and automotive clutch. And the 718 powers the same basic set of attachments.
Of course, there are differences between the two models; one of which is the engine. The 718 is powered by Honda’s commercial GX200 engine.
The second difference is the handlebar system. From the base of the steering column to the operator controls, the handlebar system screams user-friendliness and versatility.
- Stationary positioning of the control rods eases wheel speed selection and PTO engagement.
- Anti-vibration buffers are used at the base of the steering column to minimize the transfer of vibration generated by the attachment to the hands of the operator.
- Seven vertical height position options are instantly available with the push of a lever. In combination with the three horizontal position options, the operator has easy access to 21 different handlebar positions!
The last two features are particularly helpful when sickle bar mowing steep slopes, under semi-dwarf fruit trees, and under fencing. When climbing a slope, the handles need to be lowered; when descending, they need to be raised, and when mowing across the slope, they need to be offset so the operator can comfortably walk alongside on the downhill side of the mower and maintain a vertical posture.
- All Gear Drive
- – Heat-treated steel gears and shafts
- – Embedded ball bearings
- – Double cone clutch
- Best Warranty in the Industry
- – Limited lifetime transmission warranty*
- – 3-year engine warranty
- Convenient Shuttle-style Forward/Reverse Control
- Easily Adjusted, Anti-Vibration Handles w/ 180º Rotation
- – 7 vertical settings, front and rear
- – 3 horizontal settings, front and rear (right, left & center)
- Two Working Speeds in Each Direction
- – 1st Gear: 0.6 mph
- – 2nd Gear: 1.4 mph
- Transport Speed in Rear-Mount Mode Only
- – 3rd Gear: 6.8 mph
- Engine: Honda GX200
- Weight: 220 lbs (with 18” tiller); 242 lbs (with 20″ tiller)
- Working Speeds: 2 forward, 2 reverse
- Working Wheel Speeds: 1st gear: 0.6 mpg; 2nd gear: 1.4 mph
- Transport Wheel Speed: 6.8 mph (rear-mount mode only)
- Standard Wheel Size: 4x8x16″; Optional sizes: 4x10x18″ or 5x10x19.5″
- Transmission: All Gear Drive
- Axle Configuration: Straight Axle; Optional ratcheting hub accesssory
- Clutch Type: Double cone with compression spring