One of BCS’s most popular models, the 853 is a larger, more fully-featured version of the 732.
The four-speed transmission includes three working speeds in both directions, with third gear being particularly helpful when mowing large areas. Fourth gear is strictly a transport speed enabling you to drive the BCS Utility Trailer down the lane at speeds up to 9+ miles per hour!
Designed to better accommodate larger, heavier attachments, such as the 32” Brush Mower and 35” Flail Mower, the 853 includes an individual brake for each wheel, making it easier to turn and maneuver. To power larger attachments, the engine size is increased to Honda’s GX390 (13HP) engine. And, with a longer transmission, the standard tire size for the 853 is increased to 22” in diameter; a real plus when navigating uneven terrain and straddling raised beds.
Like all Professional Series models, the 853 features the ease and convenience of Differential Drive. When traction to the wheels is needed, a flip of the lever locks out the differential feature and provides positive pulling/pushing power to both wheels.
Add to these features — a shuttle-style forward/reverse, BCS’s advanced handlebar system with instant access to seven vertical and three horizontal positions, and optional electric start – it’s easy to see why the Model 853 is so popular, particularly among rural property owners.
- Differential Drive with On-demand Differential Lockout
- Individual wheel brakes to assist turning
- 22” diameter tires for added ground clearance
- All Gear Drive
- • Heat-treated steel gears and shafts
- • Embedded ball bearings
- • Double cone clutch
- Best Warranty in the Industry
- • Limited lifetime transmission warranty
- • 3 year engine warranty
- Convenient Shuttle-style Forward/Reverse Control
- Easily Adjusted, Anti-vibration Handles w/ 180º Rotation
- • 7 vertical settings, front and rear
- • 3 horizontal settings, front and rear (right, left & center)
- Three Working Speeds in Each Direction
- • 1st Gear: 0.9 mph
- • 2nd Gear: 2.0 mph
- • 3rd Gear: 3.0 mph
- Transport Speed in Rear-Mount Mode Only
- • 4th Gear: 9.2 mph
- Electric Start Optional
- Engine: Honda GX390
- Electric Start Option: Yes
- Weight: 342 pounds (with 30” tiller)
- Working Speeds: 3 forward, 3 reverse
- Working Wheel Speeds: 0.9, 2.0 and 3.0 MPH
- Transport Wheel Speed: 9.2 MPH
- Standard Wheel Size: 5x12x22″
- Transmission: All Gear Drive
- Axle Configuration: Differential Drive with Lockout
- Clutch Type: Double Cone, Spring-Loaded